Bardak Copycat Take Away Recipe – Vegan Mushroom Shawarma
Stole this DELICIOUS like finger licking good recipe from Bardak. Like I literally ordered this meal twice. Their Tahini is just also verrrry good. Read bar review here.
Meaty Mushroom Shawarma
- 500gr oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp barbecue spice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- dash of salt & cayenne pepper
- 250 ml coconut yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cucumber, drained (around ¼ cup after draining)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Lebanese bread/pita
- purple cabbage, sliced
- tomatoes/cucumber, diced
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Pull mushrooms into strings
- Place the mushrooms strings into a bowl and add all the spices and oil. mix and mould so spices are absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Add parchment paper to a baking tin and spread the coated mushrooms on top.
- Bake at 175°C/350°F for 20 minutes (stirring twice) or as longs as necessary to bake enough so their quite crispy
- .In the meantime, prepare the tzatziki by mixing all ingredients together.
- Serve with tzatziki, tahini and green peppers for a bit of spice